AJPA JRelease - Sisters Red & Black & AJPA Conference
Thursday, November 19, 2015
Sisters Red & Black & AJPA Conference
Jewish sisters Red & Black are the co-authors of the best-selling book, “What I Learned About Life When My Husband Got Fired!” But, do not judge the book by its title as it was intended as the basis of a sitcom. Instead, a funny thing happened on their way to Hollywood – it has become the basis of a nationally recognized personal finance and Life 101 book study program.
Along the way, Red & Black have become established columnists for the Jewish Herald-Voice and their monthly columns are enjoyed by readers of all ages, from young adults to senior citizens.
Members of the AJPA since 2012, they were disappointed they were unable to attend this year’s conference, but shared their story and message with attendees in two exciting ways, which they want to share with you today:
- Red & Black included a column written exclusively for the AJPA Conference in the welcome bags and available online here.
- A fast-paced, three-minute video titled “Red & Black: Jewish Sisters” was included in Ellen Futterman’s “Show & Tell” session, and can now be accessed here.
WHO ARE RED & BLACK?
Both born in New York, raised in the same house by the same parents – that is where the similarities end. Yet, it is their very different personalities and situations that allow readers and audiences of all ages and backgrounds to not only relate to them, but to laugh and learn.
Red, who likes to refer to herself as a “mere mortal,” is first and foremost a “warm and fuzzy” mom, but as half of Red & Black, is also an author, columnist, and keynote speaker. Black, on the other hand, is all business. When her sister’s husband got fired, she turned her sister's “crisis” into a book, a brand and a business venture. Besides being the first woman to race the road course at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Black is an entrepreneur, publisher, author, columnist, and keynote speaker.
WHAT CAN RED & BLACK DO FOR YOU?
- Available as the subject of feature article
- Sample questions (with answers) available upon request
- Write articles, using a conversational format, on a wide variety of topics:
- Seasonal, including Jewish holidays
- Lifestyle & Daily Life Topics, including personal finance
- Current Events & Issues
- Monthly column
Disclaimer: JRelease is a press release service of AJPA. AJPA does not endorse and cannot vouch for material distributed by this service.