AJPA 2013 Press Tour to Israel
January 22 - 31, 2013
Sponsored by EL AL Airlines and Israel's Ministry of Tourism, this trip will show us the wonders of Israel through new eyes. The Press Tour departs January 22, returning January 31, and has an exciting and rewarding itinerary planned. From inspecting the latest discoveries in the City of David, dining in Tel Aviv, to visiting the glorious mosaics of Tzippori and exploring the desert and Red Sea, this is a trip you do not want to miss! CLICK HERE
to view the full itinerary, including the different tour options available.
The press trip is open to:
- AJPA members in good standing
- AJPA member Jewish news and features outlets: ONE editor or journalist per outlet; each outlet must have a minimum readership of 5,000
- AJPA Freelancers who have secured at least one story assignment (with AJPA or non-AJPA media outlet) to cover a tourism-related aspect of the trip
- Spouses of Press Tour participants may join the trip at EL AL's lowest published fare, plus a fee of $1,050 for land package
Registration has Closed!
To register, please download, complete, and scan or fax the REGISTRATION FORM, along with a copy of your passport to email@example.com or (480) 893-7775 no later than Friday, December 7, 2012. Limited spots are available on a first come, first serve basis.
Our discounted price of $1,150 per AJPA member includes:
- All taxes and airport fees
- Roundtrip coach airfare on EL AL between LAX, JFK, or EWR and Tel-Aviv- Ben Gurion; members must arrange and cover their expenses to departing location
- Ground transfers between airport and hotel, as well as all activities
- Lodging for 6 nights (single or double occupancy)
- Breakfast and dinner each full day of the tour
|Full tour with air:
|Spouses of Press Tour participants:
||$1,050 for land package plus EL AL's lowest published fare
After December 7, 2012 there will be a cancellation charge of $250, and after January 1, 2013 a cancellation charge of $550. Payment may be made by credit card or check. Please make all checks payable to AJPA and mail to:
American Jewish Press Association
AJPA Press Tour
Attn: Cathy Herring
107 S. Southgate Dr. Chandler, AZ 85226-3222
Payment will not be processed until reservation has been confirmed.
If you have any questions, please contact Cathy Herring at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (480) 403-4602 ext. 214.
Terms and Conditions:
Each traveler, by participating in the trip, agrees to produce considerable coverage on tourism-related aspects of Israel. A minimum of four articles is desired. Participants are free to produce non-tourism coverage in addition to their tourism-related coverage – but this coverage should not detract from the prime purpose of the trip: i.e. the furtherance of tourism to Israel. By taking the trip, participants agree not to absent themselves during the trip to seek or undertake personal or professional tasks. The Israel Ministry of Tourism and EL AL have made this trip available at considerable investment and absences from the planned itinerary will be unacceptable. Those who wish to visit with friends or family in Israel or pursue non-tourism articles, are encouraged to leave earlier for Israel and/or return later. Participants may choose to extend their trip, pre-post, based on flight availability. The routing must be between the participant’s original departure city and Tel Aviv. There will be no additional charge for this extension as long as request is made at time of reservation. All airfare is provided by EL AL Airlines. All participants must have a Passport that is valid for at least six months after the end date of the trip. Participants must pay their own transportation to one of EL AL’s three departure locations: JFK, Newark, or Los Angeles.