As a network of Jewish media organizations, journalists and communications professionals, we work to ensure a bright future for Jewish journalism and the Jewish community by promoting robust, independent and financially healthy Jewish media.
We foster the highest ethics, editorial quality and business standards to help our members navigate their challenges and responsibilities, especially those unique to the Jewish media. We share resources and expertise, provide access to professional development, and, when appropriate, advocate for our collective interests.
- Facilitate development of new models of delivering Jewish media
- Develop business models for the future
- Identify and disseminate business micro models and best practices that will allow Jewish media organizations to thrive
- Increase readership and profitability online and in print
- Cultivate the next generation of Jewish media consumers and professionals
- Provide formal training opportunities to foster the next generation of Jewish media writers, content producers, publishers and editors
- Place well-trained Jewish journalists in American Jewish media to enhance the quality of those outlets and connect with the next generation of Jewish media consumers
- Cultivate an atmosphere of respect for Jewish journalism