Digital Editor – Hadassah Magazine
Position: Digital Editor
Date Posted: 11/25/2019
Organization: Hadassah Magazine
City: New York City
State: New York
Experience Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree, 3-5 plus years of experience in digital journalism and social media
Description & Details
Hadassah Magazine is looking for a Digital Editor. This is a unique opportunity to help transform the online presence of one of the largest-circulation Jewish media outlets. The Digital Editor will be responsible for managing the digital operation with the goal of driving audience development and engagement, particularly among a younger demographic.
For details and how to apply, go to: https://www.mediabistro.com/jobs/description/406415/digital-editor/
Date Posted: 8/13/2019
Organization: Baltimore Jewish Times
Experience Requirement: 5 years
Description & Details
Mid-Atlantic Media, a fast-growing publisher of niche community and ethnic titles, is recruiting for an editor to lead a stable of award-winning journalists at Baltimore Jewish Times (JT). The JT is celebrating its 100th year of publishing and serving the greater Baltimore Jewish community with high quality, compelling content.
We’re looking for a multi-tasking leader who can work through copious amounts of copy and serve as a mentor to develop up-and-coming talent. The ability to juggle multiple projects is a must. Familiarity with the Jewish community is a plus.
This is a high-energy position in a fast-paced media environment where a digital-first approach is married with the traditional weekly print publication.
• Minimum 5 years of community news experience
• An ability to edit quickly and accurately in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Strong people skills and an ability to manage and motivate a team
• Technical aptitude, including comfort with WordPress, Photoshop, and digital photography
• Ability and willingness to wear many hats, from high-level editorial strategy down to shoe-leather journalism and in-person community engagement
• Assignment editor – Help our writers uncover local scoops, select stories for coverage, create a rundown and communicate with officials, sources and readers. Monitor email and social media for story ideas and trends.
• Copy editor – Fact checking and regularly proof and correct our reporters’ copy for errors, awkward phrasing, verbosity and un-engaging wording. Uphold AP Style and our house style.
• Team leader – Set high editorial standards and motivate the teams to produce compelling, accurate community and national journalism that grows audience, wins followers and makes a difference. When needed, the editor will lead by example, reporting stories themselves and assisting with breaking news coverage.
• Set high expectations for strong, consistent digital/social media participation with compelling content.
• Editorial strategist – Engage with the community and help spread the word about publication and our journalism. Work closely with the publisher to plan and execute further growth. Also, assist other management with company-wide editorial initiatives.
Click here to submit a posting.