Please contact AJPA headquarters at (480) 403-4602 with any questions regarding the competition. We do not recommend contacting BetterBNC directly.
(1) The member's dues must be paid through May 1 in the year which the awards will be distributed (e.g., if the awards are distributed at the AJPA Annual Conference in 2022, the membership expiration date must be on or after May 1, 2022); and(2) The member's dues must be paid for all previous years in which the member was required to pay dues, unless there has been an action taken by AJPA to forgive or otherwise not collect such dues.
If a member has not paid the dues described in (1) and (2) prior to February 5 of the year in which the awards will be distributed, then any entry submission from that member will be disqualified and ineligible to be considered for a Rockower Award in that year. In such instance, there will be no refund of all or any portion of the payment for the submission.
Are non-journalist AJPA members allowed to submit entries?
Affiliate members in good standing are eligible to submit entries. Please contact Jessica Painter at email@example.com if you are a prospective or current AJPA Affiliate member and wish to enter the competition.
I am logged in to my account and I am trying to submit an entry, but none of the categories are appearing in the drop-down menu, how do I select a category?
Once you have clicked on ‘Submit Entry’, there is a ‘Division’ drop-down menu; please make sure ‘General’ is selected before you proceed to select a category to enter.
I am having trouble uploading my entries; can I just mail my entries in to AJPA Headquarters?
AJPA Headquarters will only accept hard-copy entries for categories #13, #35, #38 and #39. For any other uploading issues, please contact Jessica Painter at firstname.lastname@example.org. All hard-copy entries must be received by the deadline February 4, 2022, 7:00 P.M. ET.
Once you have logged in to your Contestant Manager Account, click the first link on the left side, ‘My Account’, to edit all account, password and contact information.Can I submit Q&A pieces?
We ask that members select the division best suited to
their regular distribution. If your publication has changed your model in the
last two years due to COVID-19, please use the division that best reflects your
- Weekly Newspapers: Papers published weekly or more frequently
- Biweekly Newspapers: Paper published twice a month or every other week.
- Monthly Newspapers: Papers published monthly or less frequently
- Magazines: All magazines regardless of frequency
- Website: Organizations who publish their content online only
- Digital Publication: Organizations who produce a regular publication that only appears digitally
- Wire Services: News syndicate agencies
After completing the survey, you will be placed into the correct circulation group. Please confirm your circulation group is accurate in BNC before you submit entries.In BNC my circulation group is listed as NOT ASSIGNED?